You can keep current with additions to our collections by viewing our monthly list of new titles, available through the library’s online catalog. Check here to view new items from the past few months. A new list will be posted at the beginning of each month, along with occasional special featured lists. Currently we have a list of genealogies with online versions, and a list of Italian genealogy and history titles. You can find new materials, and other featured lists, from the main search screen of the library catalog, as shown at left:
- A number of new books related to Jewish genealogy, including Getting started in Jewish genealogy, by Gary Mokotoff, Handbook of Ashkenazic given names and their variants, by Alexander Beider, and The Jews in Poland and Russia, by Antony Polonsky. To view many more books on Jewish genealogy and history you can do a keyword or subject search for “Jews” or “Jewish” in the library catalog.
- Books on genetic genealogy: The family tree guide to DNA testing and genetic genealogy and Genetic genealogy in practice.
- Reference sources: Connecticut in the American Revolution: a source guide for genealogists and historians, and volume 2 of The Wampanoag genealogical history of Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts: referenced to Banks’ History of Martha’s Vineyard, Mass by Jerome D. Segel & R. Andrew Pierce.
- Histories of Vermont; Genesee County, N.Y.; Beacon Hill; and Graveyards of Chicago.
- Numerous new family histories and genealogies like this older – but new to our collection – genealogy, A contribution to the history and genealogy of the Tyson and Fitzwater families, which includes unique handwritten annotations.
- A new online database has also been purchased: The Oxford Dictionary of Family Names in Britain and Ireland, which is available in the library and from home for NEHGS members.
We are always happy to receive recommendations for and announcements of new books. You can suggest a book through the “Suggest a Title” link on the bottom of any page of the library catalog, or by emailing email@example.com.